Saturday, October 14, 2006

A Real Live Friday the 13th

If Friday the 13th is supposed to be a day filled with weird & scary things, well then, it lived up to it's name yesterday.

I got out of bed and stubbed my toe... hard!

Thankfully, I made it to work without incident.

Once at work, there were MAJOR computer problems. Not everyone's. Just mine.

Then, I forgot to bring my lunch, so I bought it from the cafeteria, and there was a hair in my sandwich.

In the afternoon, one of the people in my class quit. They got a job with less hours and more pay.

Then, work was finally over, and I dragged my weary bones out to my car, only to realize that my lights had been on all day, and my battery was deader-than-dead.

On the way home, I was thinking sarcastic thoughts about the only way this day would improve was if I got stopped again because of my tail-light, (which I bought the bulb for, but when I tried to install it, saw that the auto parts store had given me the wrong one) when low-and-behold there were the blue lights in my rearview mirror.

Good thing Friday the 13th only happens periodically.

EDITOR'S NOTE: This entire post is not true. Seriously - who would read a post regarding Friday the 13th that said, "Yesterday was a great day, and nothing interesting happened?"

9 comments:

Aaron said...

Haha! I was fooled.

~jenna said...

good one linds!

Susan Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Phew! Glad all those things didn't really happen...

Claire said...

Man! I was about to comment on how you should write a sequel to Alexander's book, entitled, "Lindsay and the Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very bad day."

I was a little spooked when I realized that we got our new kitty on Friday the 13th...Hope it does not prove to be an omen...

drewey fern said...

Hee hee hee - you're so funny! So glad it was all made up!

Cara said...

I felt so bad for you, then wondered why I hadn't heard anything about it yesterday when you stopped by or today at church. Glad it wasn't true!

My mom's flight was on Friday the 13th. I'm glad I'm not superstitious!

Cheech said...

Wow! I was going to comment saying how sorry I was etc. By the way, did you know that another word for fooled is hornswoggled? (Check Dictionary.com if you don't believe me.) :)

redsoxwinthisyear said...

Ha ha, good one.