Monday, June 11, 2007

It Only Took Me 28 Years!

This weekend I ran into someone who I haven't seen in several years. It took them about three seconds to notice my nose ring.

Their comment:

"Well, that's the first cool thing you've done!"

WOW!

The rest of the weekend I was making mental lists of other "cool" things I've done, to try and validate my existence for the last 28 years.

Then, in a rash case of insecurity, I wrote them all out in bullet format to post on my blog.

But then I realized, I don't need to rationalize my life so that I'm marching to the beat of someone else's drum.

I love my life... except, of course, when I'm being mocked by "cooler" people.

So, I'm not going to post the "cool" things I've done in my life, but there was one that I thought of this morning that I never blogged about, and it makes me laugh every time I think of it... so below, for your viewing pleasure, the one thing that made me "cool" before last weekend's piercing!

Attempting to drag race (yes, in my Tracker) two strangers in their souped (you're welcome, Drewey :) up Honda in the middle of Manchester. Through the open window, as I gunned my accelerator, I heard them shout in disbelief, and then fly past me. Amy & I were laughing so hard we were both in tears for a good ten minutes afterwards!

And tonight, I got to put ice on Spiderman's boo boo, and I bet not even the aforementioned mocker has gotten to do THAT!

7 comments:

Booker said...

Well, I am glad that you have done at least 1 thing that someone else considers cool.

Of course, does it still count if someone ELSE considers it Un-cool?

Hm, that is a deep question...

NH Knitting Mama said...

Oh, my, honey. Don't ever let anyone else make you feel like you have to list what makes you cool EVER AGAIN! Those who know you love you no matter how cool or uncool you are. *wink*

NH Knitting Mama said...

BTW, to answer you... my email is:
nhknitter99@yahoo.com

Lori said...

Not a very nice or sensitive thing to say to someone---"That's the first cool thing you've done." Pshaw!!! We all know you were born cool, right?! (I was pretty impressed that a white chick attempted to drag race, though. Haven't done that, myself).

lis said...

Silly that person!

Anonymous said...

Ha! That's one of the more ridiculous things I've ever heard!
How could they not count owning a lifesize figure of Elvis Stojka as something cool?!

drewey fern said...

Ahhh! I love you! Thanks for the nod in my direction:) And just for the record your friendship is definitely one of the things on my "things that make me cool" list.