Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Little Man

He's pretty tender, my little Tucker.

We share a lot of things.

Birth order.
Bits of melancholy when the situation calls for it.
And a need for a quiet retreat when we're peopled out.

Today at their house, he was having a rough day, so Jill asked him if he needed to just go upstairs and lie down on their bed for a bit.

He retreated, and soon I followed.

I walked in to see him sitting in the middle the big bed, pounding his little foot and muttering to himself.

"Want to snuggle?"

He melted right in, and we laid there in quiet for a long time.

"Are you excited about Christmas?" and he opened up, telling me all about the presents that Mommy had finished wrapping.

I told him that I was excited about what I had gotten for him, and then asked him if he knew what it would be wrapped in. (I've had the same two rolls of wrapping paper for YEARS! Spongebob for the boys, Care Bears for the girls)

"Aunt Lindsay, if you had kids, it wouldn't take you so long to use up the wrapping paper." True.

So I asked him if I should have a boy or a girl.

"Well, we already have enough boys, so probably a girl."

"Do you know what Aunt Lindsay needs before having a girl -- an Uncle Lindsay! I need a husband."

He smiled.

"So, what should we do about this? Who should I marry?"

There was silence for a little bit, and then...

"You could wait til I grow up."

5 comments:

KJ said...

Eeee! SO PRECIOUS!

jilljones said...

Aw I'm glad you're back! Thanks for filling up my boy's love tank. So glad you're part of our lives!

Joanie said...

That is the most precious thing I have read in a while! Everyone wants Aunt Lindsey in their family!! Me included!

Susan Elizabeth said...

<3

The Richmond Four said...

What a precious response. Linds, you are the best Aunt! Those kiddos are incredibly blessed you have you in their lives. <3