Saturday, August 06, 2005

Aunt Mary Kay

Addie, age 4, has discovered make-up, and was fascinated by all the face-care regimes that went on in the house during this last week.
On Sunday morning, she was in my room watching me get ready for church, and was staring wide-eyed as I'd open each new tube, jar or container and apply the contents to my face.
I looked over in time to see her "experimenting," and burst out laughing, because there was my little neice, opening my contact case and studiosly dabbing saline all over her face.

(Yup - I'm back, and will be writing more about the trip at a later date :)

10 comments:

Laughter said...

Yay! Welcome back, Lindsay!

Booker said...

Welcome back Jones! That was indeed a funny anecdote...

CKS said...

So you forgot to say if she was just imitating you with the saline. I mean, it could have been one of those moments...maybe you conveniently left that part out.

the Joneses said...

Doubtless she thought she looked just as beautiful and glamorous as Aunt Lindsay, too. :) I forgot to make time for toenail-painting. Next time, I guess. Blah that y'all live so far away!(But maybe I mentioned that before?)

-- SJ

Booker said...

You know SJ, that problem is easily solved. Just move up here :)

the Joneses said...

Don't think that Lindsay hasn't suggested it. Several times. But, sorry, there are serious obstacles to my living up there. For one, winter comes to mind. And then there's winter. Oh, and winter. Plus there's winter. Oh, and then there's winter. I could go on and on, but you get the point.

-- SJ

CKS said...

Lindsay--

I can't believe you let Darren marry a woos. (wus?)

(the first and last time I ever use that word...maybe)

Anonymous said...

Them Southern Belles freeze when it is colder than 70 and talk s l o w but are sweeter than honey! Honest! And that is the truth :)
-geni

Rose said...

Welcome back Lindsay! You just need to install a few tesseracts between NS, NH, and VA.

the Joneses said...

The correct spelling in this case, asaphat, is "lady." Thank you.

-- SJ