Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A taste....

... and then I'm gone again!

I'm off to cross something off my 30 by 30 list. Tomorrow I leave on my much anticipated cruise!

Due to the electrical genius of my older brother, my phone line is now working again, so when I return from the Bahamas, my blogs should be more frequent, and I can regale you with tales of other things I'm currently working on crossing off said 30 by 30!

Before I leave you, though, I must tell a tale that has made me thrilled that I can blog again.

The other day I was jumping on the trampoline with Jed. After we finished jumping, I lay down on my stomach, and he draped his five year old frame across my back. In a minute, I heard a muffled voice ask, "Aunt Lindsay - are you ever going to get married?"
"I ask God that every day, Buddy," I replied, "so maybe you should start asking Him too."
I heard a grunt as Jed's reply.
After a minute I asked him, "Who do you think Aunt Lindsay should marry," expecting hear some word from the Lord.... out of the mouth's of babes, and all that, right?
His immediate reply?
"I think you should marry God!"

Talk about having high expectations! Good thing becoming a nun is not on my 30 by 30!!

5 comments:

the Joneses said...

Well, I guess we know what Jed thinks of Aunt Lindsay, now don't we?

-- SJ

CKS said...

Hurrah! I cheered inwardly when I saw a new post! Inwardly because I'm in the library at school.

Get thee to a nunnery, my friend. :-) Wow, Jed as Yenta is a scary thought.

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your cruise, Lindsay!

Kristi said...

Ha ha, my niece Zoe just asked my mom yesterday when I was going to get married! Amazing how young kids are when they pick up on the whole element of romance and marriage.

redsoxwinthisyear said...

Not on your 30 by 30 list? How about 40 by 40?