Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Wonder of Wonders, Miracle of Miracles...

This tale was too priceless to not blog about, so here I am at Evan & Jill's computer...

I got hit hard with the cold-thing that's been going around. Started this weekend, and on Monday I felt like I'd been the casualty of a hit-and-run with a semi! Tuesday was some better, and I was able to drag myself out of bed for part of the day.
Today I went into work, but because of the two missed days, had to get there exceptionally early to prep for the class I needed to train today. At a little after 10 this morning, having already been at work for four hours, I was crashing badly. I sent my class to break and went back to my desk, not knowing how I was going to make it through the rest of the day.
I went back into class on faith that I'd make it through as much of the day as I needed to. Somewhere between 10:30 & 11:30, I became aware of a breath of fresh life that was coming my way. There really isn't any way to describe it, but I felt different... it was almost like a sugar high, and I was expecting to come crashing down, but I never crashed. I made it through the rest of the day, and even got to leave a bit before my scheduled 4:30.
When I drove in to the driveway at home, Jed & Chloe were getting the mail and Jill was watching from the front porch. I couldn't wait to tell them about how much better I was feeling. As I told Jill about the sweet life that had poured over me during the morning, she asked what time it had been. I told her sometime between 10:30 & 11:30. In awe she said, "That's when the kids and I were praying for you!"
God bless the faith of little children! I think that it's a pretty awesome God that looks after us!!

6 comments:

Brenda Jo said...

Your story is an encouragement to me. Rejoicing with you on being the recipient of a miracle!

Mrs. RF said...

Thanks for sharing that! Who says miracle's don't happen. What a neat thing for the children to learn that their prayers do make a difference! God is good

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those happenings! Praise God for always working in our everyday lives, and I think it's our duty to always share. I hope you're completely healed soon!

Claire said...

That is so neat! Yay for God! Yay for people who care and work with God.

lis said...

Totally awesome and cool! (or..."Sababa," as they say over here)

Thanks for trotting over to Jill's to type it out! :O)

CARmelo said...

wicked awesome