Monday, March 20, 2006

Call the National Enquirer!

So - even though I was sad when The Cuteness died, I was kind of relieved, because she had become a very mean, very fertile kitten making machine. I was so excited when her tenth kitten turned out to be a boy, and decided to keep him.
Wrangler has been a great cat. He's snuggly, unlike his mother. Nice, unlike his mother. Doesn't scratch people the minute he lays eyes on them, unlike his mother. A boy, unlike his mother... the attributes go on and on.
He's quite a sociable cat, so he spends alot of time over at Evan and Jill's, playing with the kids and his sisters from The Cuteness' previous batches. He'd spent so much time over there lately, that I hadn't seen him in a couple days.
I was babysitting a few nights ago, and called for Wrangler to come snuggle. As he walked toward me, I noticed that his tummy was becoming rather large. When he got up on my lap, and I began rubbing his belly, I noticed that he had additions that boy kitties shouldn't have. I looked closer and saw something MOVE inside him!

Aaaaaugh - my beloved boy kitty is PREGNANT!!

It took me a day or two to like him/her again. I had been so utterly happy that I didn't have to deal with kittens any more, and this just really messed with my mind. I mean, he's been a boy for almost a year. I can't just drop everything and think of him as a girl at the drop of a hat! And plus, there's the problem of a name! I loved the name Wrangler, so have had to think of feminine forms of the word:

~Wranglerette
~Wranglerina
~Wranglertoria
~La Wrangler
and my personal favorite... Wranglah! A feminine ending, with a New England flare!

So - there you have it. The saga of the he/she cat.

(once again, my thanks to E&J for the use of their computer)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you know for a fact that Wrangler isn't the father of Emily's kitten!!!!!!! Melody and I are freaking out that "he" is a "she"!!! So weird....I guess congratulations are in order? Or condolences?
Sue

Kristi said...

LOL! That's funny. Didn't you get it fixed when it was younger? I mean, didn't you notice something missing on its anatomy?

Hee hee. I love kittens.

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Now you've gone and dunnit! You've gone and made my day! Chuckle! Tee Hee! Grin 8~) Chuckle again! Hee Haw! HO HO! Snicker! Chuckle somemore! Guffaw! Chuckling continues...

Claire said...

Ha haaa! Priceless! And your favorite name for him/her is my favorite as well...I could just hear you saying WRANGLAH! Made me miss you.

Mrs. RF said...

Oh, my. Chuckle. I also like the name Wranglah! Enjoy a new season of kittens! They really are so cute!!!!

Rachelle said...

Hey, I think Wrangler is an appropriate name for a girl cat. If celebrities can name their girls thinks like Rowan, Grier, Apple, Cocoa, and Zahara, there is nothing wrong with a female cat named Wrangler. (But you may be on to something if you think that this opinion could have something to do with why my beloved and I can't agree on girls names.)-rlr

Carrie said...

I think the name Wrangler is a very hip name. If you lived in LA or Hollywood nobody would ever think twice about a girl being named Wrangler. Or Texas. I bet alot of girls in Texas are named Wrangler. Or Wranglerette. That name kind of sounds like a Professional Football Teams cheerleading squad.

Anonymous said...

LOL! This is too much! I also like the name Wranglah! Very clever. :)

CARmelo said...

Wranglah is a wicked awesome name.

Isaac Demme said...

Wrangler is a fine feminine name, but Wranglah is better.
Certainly it is easier than renaming our pets was -- George Washington and Jim Thorpe didn't make such great girl names.

Amy K said...

So funny, Lindsay. Made me laugh out loud and I needed that. :)

Booker said...

whoohoo for you to be back online!!!!