Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Hurray for having a COMPUTER again!!

I'M BACK!!! Thanks to DJ's expertise, I have a laptop and am back in the business of blogging. I've sure missed it... more than I thought I would.

And how fun is it that I have a great story to come back with???

I went to bed on Monday night, but at midnight I was awoken by a cat who had something to prove. Wrangler wanted to set the record straight once and for all, declaring herself a female in a way that can’t be mistaken. There on the floor of my room, with myself as midwife and witness, at 12:54 am, Wrangler brought forth one small kitten into this world. (I will not be making any observations as to the gender of said kitten, as we all know how well the last guess turned out!)

I waitied for over an hour for more kittens to come, but Wrangler decided that one was enough, and was she ever proud! She purred loud enough I was surprised that the cops weren’t called for a noise violation!

So, last night I came home, exhausted from the midwifery of the night before and wanting to turn in early. That was not to be, because wonder of wonders, Wrangler (or -ah) had decided that after waiting 20 hours, it was time to grace the world with another one of her offspring! Yup - you heard me correctly! At 10:40 last night, she had another kitten.

I have a feeling that for the next couple weeks I will be constantly staring at her stomach, trying to decide whether she might produce another kitten for the heck of it!

And that's how I've re-entered the blogging world... Catch you all around :)

10 comments:

Mrs. RF said...

Welcome back! Tell Wrangler that 2 is enough. No more. Course maybe she has a couple more hid around the house somewhere and will bring them out later.

Claire said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations to you and Wranglah! I wonder if that's some sort of record - 20 hours between births.

Glad you're back- I missed you. :)

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Glad yer back! 8~) Looks like yer grocery bill is gonna increase with all them meowlin' mouths ta be feedin', eh? Whadda they look like???

Anonymous said...

We will be over to pay our respects to the miracle babies as soon as Wranglah is able to take visitors! Congrats.
SUE F.

ljm said...

Congrats to you and Wranglalita! Glad you're back..

Amy K said...

Wow, I didn't realize cats could go so long between birthing kittens!

CKS said...

I'm soooo happy to see a new post! I've gotten wicked tired of calling the National Enquirer...

Hooray you're back!

Kate said...

Yay Yay Yay! Welcome back Lindsaydear.


Silly cat! Hope you enjoy having kittens in your house again. Seems like you are always being blessed with them. :-)

Rachelle said...

So glad you are back on line.... I've missed you. -rlr

drewey fern said...

Yay!!! Congratulations on the arrival of your laptop! Kittens shmittens - I can't wait to see the new laptop. Well, okay, I'm looking forward to seeing the kittens, too:) Yay!