Friday, April 14, 2006

"Oh no - Wrangler ate her kittens!!"

Was the first thought of my sleep fogged brain this morning, when I got up and saw the basket void of kittens!

But, no, cats do not eat their young as so many in the animal kingdom do. Wrangler had just cleverly hidden them in a cupboard that she accessed by crawling underneath the stove. Do the joys of owning felines ever end??

By the by - thanks to all for the warm welcome back to the blogosphere! It's been such fun to check the responses! To answer the question posed, I will now describe the minicats that now reside in my apartment. One is black and white (surprise!! That seems to be a Jones special. All of The Cuteness' kittens were a variation of that, as have been the kittens that Evan and Jill's cats have had) and the other one is all gray with a white head. So very cute!

6 comments:

Mrs. RF said...

I think it is time for Wranglah's 3rd kitten to come out of hiding.....

drewey fern said...

Hey, while she was hanging out under the stove did she retrieve her long-lost pen? How did she fit under there anyway?!

Shari said...

I love kittens! I'm visiting from Brad & Claire's blog . . . hello! :-)

Booker said...

The "joys" indeed, lol...

the Joneses said...

Addie and Stuart much enjoyed the story of Wrangler the Boy Cat who turned out to be Wrangler the Mama Cat. Addie wanted to know who Wrangler's husband is, so I evaded the question by saying that cats don't get married like people do. Addie said, "They get married in their own cat way!" Um, yeah. What she said.

Yay to be back online!!

-- SJ

Isaac Demme said...

I think you owe the Wrangler an apology for accusing her of being a cannibal.