Sunday, May 18, 2008

You Know That a Day is Not Your Day...

... when even God jumps on the bandwagon of teasing.

On Wednesday, things were not going well. It had been a really long, drawn out, hate my job and my life day, and I had plans to meet a friend for dinner.

I was praying on the way to the coffee shop that God would lift not only my bad mood, but some of the "heavies" of life that were weighing me down.

As I prayed, I saw a car coming down the road toward me and read it's personalized plate... "HEB817."

I think I yelped in glee, thinking that God had answered my prayer by sending me a message via license plate!

Before meeting my friend I had to run into WhaleMart for a card, and beelined it to the book section.

With breath held, I turned to Hebrews 8:17... only to find that Hebrews 8 only goes up to verse 13.

"Are you even kidding me?" I said, in my very out loud voice, in the aisle.

"Maybe I remembered it wrong," I said in my inside voice. "Maybe it was 3:17."

I turned back a few pages... and burst out laughing.

"Now with whom was He angry for 40 years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness?"

"Very funny, God..." (can't remember if that was in my inside or out loud voice)

SO, to Henry & Evelyn Barrier who were married on August 17th...

or Hailey Elisabeth Brown who's parents gave her a brand new car when she turned 16 on August 17th...

I have this to say.

NOT COOL!!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Lindsay! I love you!

kw said...

Lindsay-you are so cute...great post. I can really relate & can picture myself running to the book section.