Monday, July 21, 2008

Things I Find Unfortunate

I fear that Facebook is taking over my life.

I can be rather obsessive about certain things. I freely admit this.

And I love Facebook. It makes me happy.

But I have begun to think in Facebook speak.

When I first started playing games (like Scramble) on Facebook, I would find myself at work thinking "If I had these letters in a corner of the board I could make this word, and this word... OH, and THIS word! That's a good word!"

And now, I'm starting to think in status bar mode.

"Lindsay is LOVING Ben & Jerry's Creme Brulee ice cream"

"Lindsay finds it weird that it is raining in the front yard, but not in the back yard"

"Lindsay should stop wasting time on her computer, and accomplish things"

"Lindsay doesn't want to"

"Lindsay should stop referring to herself in the third person"

Lindsay's friends get the idea.

4 comments:

So I ran faster but you caught me here. said...

Lindsay could benefit from a medium-to-high dose of Anafranil.

MUAH!

Susan Elizabeth said...

wow, "MUAH", twice in one day! Weird...really weird!

Claire did a post similar to this one, recently...makes me wonder if Facebook is taking over the world!

CKS said...

lindsay needs to see a shrink.

Claire said...

OOOO! Creme Brulee Ben and JERRY'S!? Thanks for spreading the good word- I'm still stuck on Cinnamon Bun B&J's. I'll have to try the Creme B. next time I indulge. Sounds DIVINE.

I do indeed know what you mean about Facebook taking over.