Monday, July 06, 2009

Longing




The rays of the sun were long and flat, shining through a small opening in the evening clouds.

And as I walked, my breath stopped for a moment. My heart constricted tightly with an intense longing for the eternal.

Heaven seemed so close at that moment, that I felt if I looked just a little harder, I'd see Mindy dancing and laughing... I'd see the outstretched arms of the One who loves me most.

I realized there were tears in my eyes, and I truly didn't know if they were from staring at the sun, or because at that moment I was experiencing such a desperate longing that my heart felt almost broken.

It seemed close enough to cover the distance in two steps, yet at the same time, so far away that I knew I'd never reach it.

The clouds shifted. The portal closed. And I felt so... left behind.

At that moment, this treasure, nestled between Coldplay and Beyonce, came on my iPod.

Welcome Home, you

I know you by name

How do you do?

I shine because of you today

So come and sit down

Tell me how you are

I know son, it's good

just to see your face

So, here I was, longing for what is to come, yet remembering I'm here for a purpose. And left with a clearer vision. One that will lay down the confusion, chaos, betrayal, and hurt that is life.

One that will remember the portal will be open one day. And I wont be left behind.

No comments: