Sunday, January 29, 2012

Emails of Truth

Have you ever written an email to someone, and then stepped back to realize... it should have been sent to you.
I have a precious friend who is in a similar life experience to me right now, and I am so filled with hope, faith and courage... for her.
 
 
But when it comes to my own fork in the road, I have a hard time feeling any of the hope, faith or courage that I so EASILY sent her way!
  
And I'm reminded once again of Hebrews 4:16. "Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
Dependent on the translation, it might say "boldy" or "with confidence," but one word never changes. And that is "us."
 
 
It's not a matter or ushering other people to His throne, while I stand back. "Us" implies that I get to be there, too.
 
 
Here I was, praying Joshua 1:9 for this dear friend, encouraging her to remember that God wants us to be assured that He's with us, and for us to Brave and Confident, and it was so easy to send the email to her.
In my own life right now, there is a situation that I'm facing, and I am feeling neither brave nor confident.
  
So... I just sent the same email to myself. And I read it. And I heard it.
Now I need to go tattoo Hebrews 4:16 on my head and my heart, so that I stay at the foot of the cross.
 
 
That I stop giving up my spot for someone "more worthy" to come.
They can kneel beside me.

1 comment:

lis said...

Er, yes. A lot, actually. :O)