Monday, January 09, 2012

Survey Says

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?

Graduated from college and finally became "what I wanted to be when I grew up!"
 
 
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
 
 
Sadly, I did not keep it... I had wanted to read two books every month, but with studying for my national boards all summer long, reading became a thing of the past.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth or get pregnant?
 
 
Baby LLAMA is on the way!!! (due any minute, really)
 
 
4. Did anyone close to you get married?
 
 
I don't think so... had lots in 2010, but '11 was quiet
 
 
5. Did anyone close to you die?
 
 
No, thankfully.
 
 
6. Travel?

COSTA RICA, Baby!
 
 
7. Did you move anywhere?
 
 
Nope - been in my precious little apartment for nine blissful years!
 
 
8. What was the best month?
 
 
From the end of September, on
 
 
9. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
 
 
A man?
 
 
10. What date(s) from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
 
 
May 20 - Graduation
July 29 - passed my national boards
September 23 - last day at United
November 8 - spending my birthday in Costa Rica
 
 
11. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
 
 
Becoming an LMT
 
 
12. What was your biggest failure?
 
 
Letting frustration & exhaustion from life and work, change me into a negative person
 
 
13. Did you suffer illness or injury?
 
 
Noper! Was healthy & safe.
 
 
14. What was the best thing you bought?
 
 
Probably my car?
 
 
15. Whose behavior merited celebration?
 
 
I would like to give this spot to my Drewey Fern... who spent countless hours helping me study, and then drove my stressed out self up to take my boards and sat in a cafe across the road and prayed while I took it. She was selfless with her time, resources, faith & friendship, and I honestly don't know if I would have had the outcome I did, if it wasn't for her.
 
 
16. Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed?
 
 
If this was someone who was close to me, why would I put it on my blog? And if it's someone that is just famous and I don't know them personally, why would I waste time being appalled by their actions?
 
 
17. Where did most of your money go?
 
 
.School the first part of the year, and starting my business the last part
 
 
18. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
 
 
Getting my joy back!
 
 
19. What song will always remind you of 2011?
 
 
"Set A Fire" - I close my eyes & I can see the kids in Anonos, on their knees, hands raised,
singing this at full volume
 
 
20. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder?
ii. richer or poorer?
 
 
i. Off the chart happier!!
ii. Off the chart poorer!
 
 
21. What do you wish you'd done more of?
 
 
Spent more time with the kids
 
 
22. What do you wish you'd done less of?
 
 
Letting exhaustion lower my defenses, making me into someone I didn't like by the time I left United
 
 
23. How will you be spending New Year's Eve/Day?
 
 
Spent it with Amy... Eleventh year in a row!
 
 

24. What was an unexpected surprise?
 
 
Having my carburetor blow up in my car??
 
 
25. Did you fall in love in 2011?
 
 
With Los Anonos... yes!
 
 
26. What was the best concert you've been to this year?
 
 
JAMES TAYLOR
 
 
27. What was your favorite TV program?
 
 
I don't like answering questions like this - I feel it incriminates me
 
 
28. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn't dislike this time last year?
 
 
Not a bit
 
 
29. What was the best book you read?
 
 
"The Autobiography of Mrs Tom Thumb" - Melanie Benjamin
also
"To Kill a Mockingbird" - Harper Lee
 
 
30. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Adele
 
 
31. What did you want and get?
 
 
Freedom and JOY!
 
 
32. What did you want and not get?
 
 
A Harley...
 
 
33. What was your favorite film of this year?

"Furious Love" rocked my world
 
 
34. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 33, and I spent my day guarding tools as the guys rebuilt a tin roof, and playing numerous games of Connect Four with a whole bunch of kids who didn't speak English!
 
 
35. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
 
 
Pretty much 2011 changed my worldview, my relationship with Jesus, therefore ultimately my life... I'd say I didn't need anything else in it to make it "immeasurably more satisfying."
 
 
36. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
 
 
I don't have a fashion concept, per se...
 
 
37. What kept you sane?
 
 
My family & my two A's
 
 
38. What political issue stirred you the most?
I vote and I pray, and that's about it when it comes to politics
39. Who did you miss?
 
 
Someone...
 
 
40. Random Memories from 2011?
  • Being rescued after my car blew up
  • Hugging my teachers after getting my diploma - five long years after starting
  • Looking around at my graduation party - being blown away by the fact that everyone who was there, was there because they were proud of me
  • Turning over the piece of paper that said I had passed my national boards
  • Being told that Little Llama was on the way
  • Walking through the streets of Anonos, tears streaming down my face, as God answered my prayers to "break my heart with what breaks Yours"
  • Having Jack sit on my lap and kiss each one of my fingers when I got back from Costa Rica
  • Giving my two weeks notice
  • Riding a jet ski!
  • Watching Hurricane Irene in Newport

1 comment:

drewey fern said...

Wheeee! That was such a fun post to read! I loved #15 of course:) (That is SUCH a happy memory!) But there were so many more that I also loved. 20 especially, I'd say, and 27 was my favorite funny one:)