Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas in Killarney

Well - here I am. Safe and happy in the house of my parents! It's snowing outside, and so beautiful. Just like what Christmas should be! In fact, last night seemed so Christmas-y, that we each opened a present :)
The trip up went really well. I left work by three on Thursday afternoon, and could feel myself getting healthier as I drove down the driveway. (My goal for this week is to kick this three week old sickness!!) It's amazing what having eleven days off will do for the psyche.
I met Aunt Kathy for dinner, and then made it all the way through the border before too late that night. I stopped at a little motel in St Stephen, and then made the rest of the trip yesterday morning. It was snowy, and not at all good road conditions, and I was incredibly grateful that I come so far the night before, and had only had three and a half hours to drive, instead of the whole trip. I counted four cars off the road, and was very thankful when the snow finally stopped, and I saw the signs for Amherst.
Mom and Dad were at the Farmer's Market in town, so I met them there. We did some last-minute Christmas shopping and headed home. The house is beautifully decorated, and it truly feels like Christmas.

6 comments:

Booker said...

glad you made it to your folks ok :) and lucky you to have 11 days off. Make the most of them...

CARmelo said...

yes..enjoy your bounty...and Merry
Christmas

Mrs. RF said...

A very merry Christmas to you and your folks. Enjoy the white!

Booker said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

lis said...

I can imagine the trip, and the arrival quite nicely, having done it myself...just nine years ago (gasp) So glad you got to go home for Christmas!

Janice Phillips said...

Can I just say that the Christmas I spent with you and your family still ranks as one of the Best Ever?! I was thinking about that special time this last Christmas as we walked on the beach and had to take our sweatshirts off. Our surf was not frozen at all and some of use were even barefoot. I'll never forget our fun time at the hotel, partying with your family friends, and freezing our faces off just so I could see the North Atlantic! Happy New Year!