Saturday, August 19, 2006

Dreams Becoming Reality!

It's been about 12 years since I first began dreaming of being a massage therapist. I was in high school, and dreamt of starting school after I went to Bible School. After I graduated from Bible School, I began working at HSLDA, but the dream was still alive. When I moved back to NH four years ago, it was partly to start school.

To make a 12 year story very short, there were several times when applications were actually filled out for various schools, but God would close the door, and I'd have to deal with the death of my dream. I'd put the desire on the back burner of my mind, but it kept re-surfacing.

Last week I did some further research, felt like I got a green light from God, and sent in an application.

And last night in my mailbox was a letter of acceptance to the NH Tech massage therapy program!! I'll be taking it slow, but I'm on my way! I'll be starting classes Labor day week!

12 comments:

Aaron said...

Hurrah!

Kristi said...

Wow, good for you! I'm sure you'll have lots of willing volunteers for practice patients. :-)

Kate said...

Weeeee!!! I am SO GLAD it is finally working out, Linds! PTL and yay for you!

Susan Elizabeth said...

I would love to volunteer for a practice massage! Hope you had a great week. See you Sunday.

Cara said...

I was just thinking recently about how you wanted to do massage. I was really hoping that if that was something you still wanted to do it would work out soon. I'm so excited for you!

lis said...

Huzzah for Dreams Come True and all that stuff! So happy for you, Lindsay!

Rachelle said...

Yay! Of course they accepted you.... We look forward to the personal benefits of your gift. -M, R & B

Booker said...

ryc-if you think that I'd do interpretive dancing to relax...

and congrats, very late :-)

the Joneses said...

Proud of you!

-- SJ

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! You go girl! Can I take a number now?!!

ljm said...

awesome lindsay...congrats!

Linds said...

Thanks, everyone!!!!