Sunday, August 13, 2006

Winter Coats in August

On Friday & Saturday night, Amy & I were outside for long periods of time, watching the sky for falling meteors. We saw several that were completely amazing, and many smaller ones. On Friday, we were out after midnight, and it was freezing! As we lay on the lawn the remark was made, "It's so wrong to be wearing my winter coat in the middle of August!"

This weekend was a whirlwind of a time. But really, busy-wise... it wasn't a weekend out of the ordinary for me - just events that were outside of ordinary.

Friday night Wesley & I went out for dinner and then to a Fisher Cats game. It was a pretty slow game, with all of the runs being made in the first two innings, but the end was worth it, as each Friday night that they play at home they have fireworks. I missed fireworks this 4th of July, but these ones were incredible! They probably lasted for about 20 minutes, and at least four times I thought it was the grand finale, but they just kept on going!

Then yesterday Amy, Craig, Claire & I went down to MA to see Sarah Lower marry Josh Crumlich. What an amazing ceremony! There were so many happy tears, as we saw the working of God's mighty hand come to fruition.

After the wedding and ceremony Amy, Claire and myself (Craig left w/ his family for vacation) went and walked around Rockport, stopping in shops, eating ice cream, watching taffy be made, listening to & laughing at this random man who was walking around the streets singing random babble at the top of his lungs.

We drove home through Gloucester, looking over the ocean, and even stopping to walk on the beach.. but it was SO cold, so we dipped our toes in, took pictures and got back in the car.

I hadn't been to church in two weeks, as my travels had taken me out of state, so it was wonderful to be back home with my family at Chestnut Hill today.

And then it was in the car to drive to Leominster to meet Aunt Jeannette for some Aunt/Niece time. It's been such an easy transition to be an Aunt of nieces, because I had such good examples!

I got home, called Mom & Dad to chat a bit, vaccuumed and swept, and now will do crash-y things for the evening... like read and such, before I get up tomorrow and take on the third week of this latest class.

6 comments:

Booker said...

I agree about the coat thing. The seasons seem to be seriously messed up this year!

and glad the wedding went so well...

Susan Elizabeth said...

So glad you are back! It was nice to chat with you today after church. I wanted to let you know that I enjoyed the song you taught us today. I hope we sing it many more times! Have a great week! See you 'round!

Laughter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laughter said...

All those things sound great! You are a blessed lass.

:-D

drewey fern said...

Yay! Your report made me feel like I was there in your adventures! So glad you're weekend was busy with good things.

drewey fern said...

PS. I LOVE your new profile picture!!!