Monday, March 12, 2007

Remember That I'm In The "Adult Education" Field

Each Monday I have my classes fill out goal setting forms. They are composed of four sections...

1) Last Week's Successes...

2) Last Week's Challenges...

3) My Goals for Next Week are...

4) Where I need help/support from the Trainer...

Tonight as I was going over them I read this under one participant's number four:

"Nothing yet. Just understand if I look bored and not paying attention it's not true, that's how I learn."

(This from the person who was in their email so much today, that even after I addressed it about six times this afternoon, there was no change. I resorted to my secret weapon. I sent him an email asking him to close his! He shrunk down in his seat with red ears, and practically ran from the room when I dismissed them several minutes later.)

Somehow I don't think that "Bored & Not Paying Attention" is going to make it big as the fifth adult learning style!

7 comments:

Susan Elizabeth said...

Are you sure you're not working in a nursery school? Sounds like a bunch of children to me!!
And a ton of laughs for you...which get you through some tough days, I'm sure!
Miss you!

TripleNine said...

I bet email man and tired lady would make a really great couple. :)

drewey fern said...

Hee hee hee - you're clever indeed! I salute you:)

the Joneses said...

You ought to come with a warning label: "Notice: I may be blond and pretty with big blue eyes, but it is advised that you don't mess with me. That's not cornflowers in my eyes, that's steel."

-- SJ

~jenna said...

i sense a kindred miss woodhouse in your comment, triplenine :) you go girl, who said cute ment pushover?!! ;)

Susan Elizabeth said...

HA HA HA , JENNA!!



Thankfully I have never experienced the "steel" in Lindsay's baby blues!

Unknown said...

This post made me laugh!!! Quite the interesting job you have! :)