Friday, March 23, 2007

Thirty-Five Years Ago...

... two people whom I love and respect said two words that would change their lives.

"I do."

In a world where marriage is now often scorned, and commitment is something that many don't seem to comprehend, these two have weathered the storms that have come their way.

And if you ask them, it just gets better every day.

Thank you, Mom, for respecting and honoring Dad. Thank you for teaching me, by example, how to stay under authority without losing who you are as a person

Thank you, Dad, for cherishing Mom and loving her as Christ loves the church. Thank you for giving her wings to fly, and for supporting who she is.

Thank you both for showing me what a real partnership looks like - for making marriage seem like a desirable option, and not something to fear.

I love you both so much!
Happy Anniversary!

9 comments:

Booker said...

congrats to them!

lis said...

Happy Anniversary to two Very Cool people!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary, Lindsay's parents! :)

Susan Elizabeth said...

Hey! They only have 15 years on TacCom and me! Congrats to the happy, content couple!

NH Knitting Mama said...

What a nice message to your folks! Happy Anniversary!

Brenda Jo said...

I have this faint childhood memory of your engagement and how happy you both were.

Congratulations to you both and to your sweet partnership.

Amaze-a-zing Anna said...

Well congrats to your parents, first, but actually, I don't know your email and I want to ask you a Mary Kay question. (I only found your blog by sleuthing... went back on Kerri's till I found somewhere you'd commented... yes! I'm amazing!) So wanna drop me a line when you get the chance? ahhvagabond@hotmail. Your blog is so nicely done, by the way... love the to-the-point anecdotes, prone as I am to vastly overblown ones.
Thanks dear! Anna

TripleNine said...

Ditto's to all the aboves (except Anna's about the Mary Kay) Congrats to them both.

Rachelle said...

Happy Anniversary Dad and Mom J! You've already started a fabulous legacy with some of the coolest people for kids I know. The grandkids are looking like very promising too! -Rachelle