Friday, August 10, 2007

Dr Laura Says...

... that mothers and daughters shouldn't be best friends. She says that there should be a closeness, but not a best friend relationship.

I disagree...

I've always loved my mother, and always looked to her for advice, but in the last 15 years she's become one of the people that I most love talking with, spending time with, and just being with.

Because of geographical distance, giving her hugs is not a part of my daily life, but there are other things, like daily phone calls, that keep us close.

So on this day, an anniversary of her birth, I say, "Happy birthday, Mom. I love that you're my best friend!"

Pity we wont make it into any of Dr Laura's books :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Mrs. Jones!
I love you!

Booker said...

Dr Laura Schmaura! What does SHE know anyway? :-)

Cara said...

Happy Birthday!

Susan Elizabeth said...

I can't imagine not being best friends with my mom. It's totally natural. We are blessed with a wonderful gift. Enjoy!

Susan Elizabeth said...

p.s. Happy Birthday, Beverly!!

Anonymous said...

Dr. Laura has one son, no daughter, & has never known firsthand the joy of:
*dialoguing with a two-year-old replica of yourself
*nurturing & being nurtured by one who has some of your best qualities & (blush) some of your worst
*picking up the phone each day to hear the dearest Venus voice in the world.
Dr. Laura is a wealthy lady, but in this area, I'm the rich one!
Thanks for the tribute.
Love back to you, Bria, Cara, DJ and Susan.
Mom

Linds said...

Wink, wink - high five, Mom!

I love you!

Kristi said...

Gasp! I forgot my twin's birthday! Shame on me. Happy Belated Birthday, Aunt Bev! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to another one of my all-time favorite people. Way to pick a great Mom for yours, Lindsay-Lou!

Love,
Gretchen