Saturday, February 16, 2008

He Loves Me

I love my nieces and nephews... passionately.

This comes as a shock to no one who knows me, or reads this blog.

Sometimes when I see them my heart hurts, because I love them so much.

And today my heart felt as if it would explode from my chest when I realized that God's love for me surpasses what I feel for those precious children.

Surpasses it by lengths I can't even begin to fathom.

This glimpse of love came from hearing one of my favorite songs on the radio. It's a remake of an old Phillips, Craig and Dean song, "When God Ran," this time sung by Across the Sky.

At the beginning of the song it describes God as One who never changes... is unshakeable... solid to the extreme

Almighty God
The Great I Am
Immoveable Rock
Omnipotent
Powerful
Awesome Lord
Victorious Warrior
Mighty Conqueror
Commanding King of Kings

And then it switches over, showing God as a Father who not only loves His children, but pursues them... who scoops them up and holds them when they hurt... or when they've strayed

The only time I ever saw Him run
Was when He ran to me,
Took me in His arms,
Held my head to His chest
And said "My son's come home again".
Looked in my face,
Wiped the tears from my eyes
With forgiveness in His voice
He said
"Son, do you know I still love you?"

I long for the day that I feel His arms around me physically... the day that I get to put my head on His chest and truly rest.

It caught me by surprise
It dropped me to my knees
When God ran

But until that time I'm grateful He gives glimpses of His love... glimpses that keep me wanting more.

2 comments:

Susan Elizabeth said...

Is that why I ache to go home? You understand what I mean!
Great post, sis!

The Holmans In Bolivia said...

Lindsay,

I'm so glad Debbie gave you my info and that you found my blog. I've enjoyed reading your blog and catching up on the great life you are living. May God continue to bless you as you reach more and more for Him. Keep in touch. I loved hearing from you!!

Much love,
Denise