Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Longing

Last night during class we did meditation.

Focusing on being grounded... rooted in Mother Earth.

And as I listened, I realized - I'm so tired of earth.

I don't want to go any deeper.

I long for the Heavenly!

While the instructor had us focusing on roots growing out of our feet, I was focusing on my arms getting longer - reaching... reaching for what I know is mine.

I want to sing at the top of my lungs!

I want to dance with abandon!

I want to fling my arms wide and twirl endlessly!

I want to run into Jesus' open arms!

Part of my mind sees this so clearly... because part of my heart is already there... singing, dancing, twirling, running.

She helps keep my eyes focused on what's to come.

She reminds me that she's already there... that it's worth it to keep on keeping on.

Today she would have been 28.

I love you, Mindy Dawn.

Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

La La Palooza said...

Singing, dancing, twirling, that's Mindy alright! It's easy to imagine her like that in Heaven...
Love you, Linds!