Saturday, May 28, 2005

Staying the Course

Just another donut day tale...

Today when I got in the van, Jed announced that he was going to get a strawberry frosted donut with sprinkles. This differed greatly from his usual chocolate stick. Evan and I began chatting as we drove along, and then I became aware of a quiet little chant from the back seat. It went something like this...

Strawberry frosted donut

Strawberry frosted donut with sprinkles

Strawberry frosted donut

Strawberry frosted donut with sprinkles

Strawberry frosted donut um.... with sprinkles

He kept this mantra up for over 15 minutes, just quietly repeating it to himself. When we finally arrived at Dunkin Donuts, Evan asked Jed if he was sure of what he wanted to order and he triumphantly chanted STRAWBERRY FROSTED WITH SPRINKLES!

4 comments:

Booker said...

Way to go Jed! Push those boundaries...

KW said...

Hi Lindsay!

Love your blog and your writing style...Sometimes
I can just hear you saying certain things:)
What is it with 2 yr olds and their mantras? They
love hearing the sound of their own voice I think!
Lexie seems to revel in asking questions
over and over and over regardless of whether or not she gets an answer right away.

KW said...

Hi again!

oops! That was me, Karena!!

Claire said...

Oh my WORD- SO CUTE! I can just hear him...