Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Writer's Block

I'm having a hard time coming up with a clever post. I also know that I haven't updated in a week, so here's what I would have written about, had I not had writer's block...

- How children in pajamas are like a therapy. I went to Evan & Jill's last night, and the kids were so precious in their jammies. Tucker is crawling now, and came flying to me with a huge smile to snuggle. Chloe has her footed pj's on backwards all the time now, because she was always taking them off. Jed was wearing cool almost-five-year-old-boy pj's with space ships on them. Balm to the spirit.

- I wonder if construction guys who whistle at females will have a special place in the after-life? And on which side would that special place be? Because even though it's horribly degrading, and makes one feel like a side of beef, it also made me laugh out loud, which I needed.

- We are going on the seventh weekend in a row where it has been rainy. My mood reflects the grayness & rain.

- Why is it funny in Shrek 2 when Puss-in-Boots hacks up a hairball, but not there is not one ounce of funniness when The Cuteness does it??

So, there is a glimpse into my writer's blocked mind. Here's hoping for sunnier weather, sunnier spirits & replenished wit!

8 comments:

Booker said...

The weather, you nailed it! It just plain stinks, no 2 ways about it...

Rachelle said...

Lindsay, you could be in Washington! 7 rainy weekends in a row definitely qualifies. Today was a gorgeous sunny day for a change. Miss you! -rlr

Anonymous said...

And I just found out this weekend after a conversation with Sara that Evan and Jill now have THREE children...How could I have missed that? Obviously you don't post enough about your nephews and nieces, Lindsay! =)

~Rose

Claire said...

Okay- another comment about the lousy weather. WILL IT EVER END? Walking to and from the classroom, the girls and I just about SANK in several mudholes and my feet were so wet from walking across wet grass and through puddles that my socks were wet ALL DAY. OOg. What a narsty feeling. By the way, I think purgatory is the place for those whistling men.

Anonymous said...

Very entertaining site Linds. Ditto to everything about the weather though it can make for some very fun driving. I've done some mudbogging (sort of) at work and even in my little car it is a lot of fun. Nothing like playing in the mud and not getting dirty!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Cuteness would be funnier if she had a cool accent (not to mention the cape and sword).

Booker said...

It's gonna take alot more than THAT to make her cool! Nice try tho...

Anonymous said...

I wish I could whistle...how much I miss (sniff, sniff)