Sunday, November 13, 2005

Overwhelmed With Goodness!

Well, November 8th came and went, and what a day! I've decided, based on how much fun it was, that I'll have more than one birthday a year. Course, I wont age, just have fun!

It started on Monday night, when I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered to my door by Katie... and dinner with Cherilyn (her birthday is the 6th, so we always try & do something together on the day in between) and several emails (from proactive people) before I went to bed.

I woke up in such a happy mood on Tuesday, and got a phone call from Mom, and visits from Evan, Jed & Chloe before I even left for work. Then the phone calls, emails, and text messages started pouring in. By the time I got to work at 7:30, I was already overwhelmed by how special I felt. Then, my supervisor came into my classroom and announced to my class that it was my birthday. He then proceeded to make them sing "Happy Birthday" to me while he hopped all over the room, pointing at me. I don't think I've ever turned that many shades of magenta in my entire life. As he was leaving the room he told my class, "The reason I came in the morning was so that you would have time to do something nice for her by this afternoon." His guilt trip worked, and they got me a cake & balloons during lunch.

And on my way home I talked to Dad on the phone & then stopped at a meat shop in Bedford to pick up the best marinated steak tips in the world for Evan to grill for dinner. I walked in, and while the guy was filling my order he looked at me, grinned and said, "Is your name Lindsay?" "Um, yes" I stammered, and he said, "I've got something for you in the back." He brought out a huge bouquet of balloons that Amy had dropped off a little while before, having known that I was going to stop there on my way home.

Jill made an incredible dinner, Evan grilled the meat, Mom was with us (which is the first time in nine years that I've had Mom there on my birthday!), Amy came, and the kids played with the balloons. There was laughter, so much food, more flowers (some GORGEOUS roses sent through the mail by Drewey & a bouquet that my brother picked out especially for me... using the method of "which colors do I dislike the most, because Lindsay will like them the best" It worked, by the way. They were beautiful!) and presents. How fun is it to get presents?? Mom and Dad got me an MP3 player, which I'm more than excited about... or will be once I figure it out.

And while reading blogs, I stumbled across an entire blog entry written by my VA big brother, talking about how much he loves me. For a "Words of Affirmation" person, that was an amazing gift. Then Sara sent a poem she wrote, and it made me laugh, laugh, laugh.

What a happy day... I think I'll do it again next year!

2 comments:

Laughter said...

Wow, and to think I almost missed it. Shame on me.

What a wonderful birthday! I'm not surprised though, that all your friends and fam would do such for you. Because you as so totally amazing that how can we help but shower our love and admiration on your shoulders?

Happy birthday, Linds!

And many happy returns, much fun and mostly without any appearance of aging.

:-D

TripleNine said...

Thank goodness for those proactive people. As for us reactive, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!