Monday, November 28, 2005

Tidbits (Part II)

* Whenever Chloe comes to my house and I am getting ready for the day, she insists on perching on the counter in my bathroom, grabbing a cotton ball, putting it under the running water and leaving the wet mess on my sink. She babbles incessantly while she's doing it, and it's become her signature calling card. Makes me wonder what is going on in her little two year old head. As she gets older will this become part of her daily routine?? "Ok - a little foundation, a little blush, a soggy mass of cotton balls..."

* It's snowed twice in this past week, and this one has misplaced her shovel. It's going to be a very long winter with no shovel and no boots. Of course, I could go out and buy them, but then what would I blog about??

* Wrangler chewed my cell phone charger cord into three pieces last week. So I had to go to Radio Shack and buy a new one... and I'm now the proud owner of a $30 charger with a really thick cord. They didn't advertise it as kitten-resistant, but it looks that way.

* Today was back to work day. Once I finally oozed out of bed, it wasn't really all that bad, for which I was very grateful.

* Last night I had a homework party with Amy. This is the second time we've done it this week, but since I don't have any homework, I lie on her bed and read. Last night I finished "Girl Meets God" which was a fascinating non-fiction book about a girl who was raised by a Jewish father and a Baptist mother, and her journey to find which religion was calling to her.

Now I'm off to Bible study at Evan and Jill's...

4 comments:

drewey fern said...

Hurrah for homework parties! I'm a firm believer in them. Sometime the RI contingent and the C. Hill contingent should get together!

the Joneses said...

Chloe does soggy cotton balls and Addie puts saline on her cheeks. Maybe we shouldn't depend on Aunt Lindsay to instruct the younger generation in the art of beauty. Exactly what does your routine consist of?!

-- SJ

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay!

Hey, I think I read that book last year, but can't remember the author now. Who was it again? Very interesting book!

Linds said...

Drewey - a homework party would be wonderful!
Sara - You don't get to be a Mary Kay consultant w/out coming up w/ intruiging concoctions on your own! :)
Karena - The author was Lauren Winner. And I loved the book! Some incredible insights!