Friday, July 21, 2006

And the band played "It's A Small World..."

Yesterday one of the participants in my class said that she was driving to Keene after work.

"Oh neat," I said. "Amy and I went to school in Dublin."

"Where?" she queried.

I gave her the name of my alma mater, and she said...

"I had a friend who went there. I went to visit her several times and I hated that place."

Um... speechless! Cool about the friend, thanks for the hate.

(Turns out she didn't like it because she thought it was chauvinistic. She wasn't all into the women doing all the cooking and cleaning. "I want to marry a guy who can clean and cook," she said)

"So who do you know who went there??" I kept asking, as she kept telling me about her lack of love for the place.

And guess who it was???

Our very own Betty the Jenkins!!

And that made me smile, and be amazed at how very small the world is.

PS - This morning I mentioned the school that I went to from 1st - 4th grade and this same participant piped up that her kids had gone there, and did I know Mrs. Carleton? The band keeps playing!

4 comments:

Cheech said...

I dont need someone to cook for me: I pour my cereal all by myself.

ljm said...

Wow...Betty J...how weird!

Laughter said...

I remember Mrs. Carleton.

CKS said...

Blast from the past!

I remember Betty...she was such a loud cheerer at sports and especially at FBI basketball and soccer games...

"Get it atta theah!!!"

Um, not sure what I'd say if a stranger told me they hated Fairwood. Definitely unexpected!