Monday, July 03, 2006

Things That Make You Say, "I Hate My Life."

Yesterday, it looked like it was going to rain, so I needed to put the top back up on my car. Well, as those friends who have helped me before, zipping in the back windows is no walk in the park. Amy helped me get one of them zipped in, but the one of the driver's side didn't feel like cooperating, so we just tucked into the frame to keep the back seat from getting wet.

This morning on the way to work, the tucked-in window flew out on the highway. I pulled over and ran back, while watching all the on-coming traffic playing slalom with my window. I was about ten feet away, when a car came flying up in that lane, and ran right over it. Thinking I already looked like an idiot, I refrained from throwing an all-out tantrum in the middle of 293,but when I reached my window, it was evident that it had become a casualty of that lady's tires... there was a tear in it. NOT COOL!!! I was SO incredibly angry, but of course I thought only godly things towards the offender and her car!


Then I got to work, and I had to trade training rooms, so I had to move all my stuff into a new room. Well, once I got in their I discovered that the trainer's computer didn't work. So I tried to restart it. That didn't work either, so I called our I.S. dept. The tech guy came, looked at it.

"What did you do to it?"
"I just tried to restart it," I said.
"Well, how did you do it?" he asked.
"Um, I turned it off and turned it back on."
"Well, it's dead and I have to rebuild you a new one now," said Mr I.S. man.
More godly thoughts rushed into my head.

Then, I got a papercut in between my ring finger and pinkie.

ALL OF THIS WAS BEFORE EIGHT O'CLOCK THIS MORNING!

During the day, things continued in the same bent.

The class didn't really get what I was training.
Someone got their feelings hurt and spent the entire lunch break telling me all about it.
A biggish-wig came in to talk to the class, and one of the participants was on their cell phone the entire time. That made me look good!

But then, there are the things that make a hellish day a little better...

Talking to Mom & Dad on the phone on the way home from work
Hugs from little nieces and nephews next door when I get home
Cleaning my house, doing laundry & the dishes, so it will be sparkly when I wake up tomorrow
Playing the piano at the church
Jill saying "I love you"
Watching Evan & Jed play war with little army guys
Talking to Darren on the phone

But that's too much focusing on the positive! I must now go concentrate on sending bad vibes toward Evil-run-over-window lady!

5 comments:

Booker said...

ryc-thanks :-)

and here's some help with the bad vibe thing! *brrrrrr....

TripleNine said...

But just think of the great day you had Sunday, and then the great day you had today to make up for it :)

Claire said...

Oh my word! You poor thing! Lindsay I MISS you so much! This whole post just made me want to send you the BIGGEST HUG EVER. I chortled over the whole SENDING GODLY THOUGHTS motif...Ah...yes. Been there. Not done that. I gotta remember that for next time.

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Ummm... ...try hitting rewind and start over??? 8~D

drewey fern said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Poor baby - we need to hit the whale watch scene SOON!

Love you!