Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Drama Queen Speaketh

Tonight, I watched Jed, Chloe and Tucker for a bit while Evan & Jill did an errand.

During the course of the evening, Chloe had her will cross a tad bit, and decided to ooze off my lap onto the floor. I was sitting in Evan's office chair, so on her way to the floor she scratched her back on one of the wheeled legs.

This created a flood of tears and gut-wrenching sobs... that lasted for almost 20 minutes. She stopped in order to ask me to read her a book, but would periodically start up again, declaring herself in need of a bandaid.

As we were walking to the bathroom to get one, she wailed, "I just want to DIE! I want to go live with God!!"

The Superman bandaid did some to appease that yearning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always KNEW superman was pretty good at everything :-)

Kristi said...

Man, what's she going to be like in her teens when hormones hit??

the Joneses said...

Kristi, that's the same question we say about Addie! She reacts very much as Chloe did a lot of the time.

--DJ

Janice Phillips said...

oh my, THAT is hilarious.

Rachelle said...

Mine is only a month old and already her father has dubbed her "the drama queen." I'm terrified about the teen years! At least I'll know where to turn for advice. -rlr