Monday, December 18, 2006

Little Word, Big Difference

The scene:
My car

The players:
God & me

The soundtrack:
Barlow Girl "Enough"
"All of You is more than enough
For all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You
Is more than enough"


The script:
Me - whining, crying and generally "carrying on"
God- listening and eventually speaking peace to my heart

Scene 1:
Me - In pain, grasping to something I thought was my right to hold onto
God - letting me explain my side of the story

Scene 2:
Me - Being quiet and loosening my grip
God - Standing by, waiting

Scene 3:
Me - still crying, but letting go entirely
God - "I know what's best for you, but I also WANT what's best for you."

Scene 4:
Me - blown away by the difference of one little word... He doesn't just know, He wants what's best
God - smiling, I think

Curtain down on a peaceful scene:
Me - still crying, but what else is new...
God - still smiling and speaking peace, but what else is new...

4 comments:

drewey fern said...

The audience: Standing ovation for the perfect work of God, and in agreement that one little word makes a huge difference!

Anonymous said...

oh boy. Praying that it[whatever "it" is] all works out!

lis said...

Wow. So well expressed. So good to be reminded.

Anonymous said...

Love you, Linds.