Saturday, December 23, 2006

Jiggity Jig...

I left Chestnut Hill this morning a little before six, and drove like crazy to get to Nova Scotia for Christmas!

It rained the entire way, sometimes a little bit freezing, but the border guard was nice, and I made the trip in really good time, until...

I was less than a mile from Mom & Dad's exit when my car started doing weird things - chugging and such. Then it quit. Despite careful calculations on my mileage counter, I had run out of gas. (Garsh!)

How embarrassing to, instead of showing up on the parent's doorstep singing carols & bearing gifts, have to call them and say, "Um, I'm a mile away and can't seem to get home. Want to come rescue me?"

Thankfully, the answer to that last question was yes, so I was safe and at a gas station in less than 15 minutes!

The house is beautifully decorated, we just ate a wonderful home-cooked meal, and now it's time to hunker down and play the spoiled kid for a bit!

2 comments:

drewey fern said...

YAY!!! Happy Christmas Vacation! Have fun being the only child:)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas my dear friend..
glad to hear that you made it safe. Have great time.