Saturday, September 15, 2007

In Which I Tell Not-Quite-All About A&P

Another Thursday night... another A&P class...

I walked into the classroom and with great relief saw that my shadow from last week was sitting several rows up from my self-proclaimed Lindsay Spot, and next to another participant.

My heart soared as I walked to my seat in the back corner of the room and put my stuff down. I would not be up-cracked in the knuckle department! I would not be subjected to attempted side conversations...

In the middle of my internal joyous soliloquy, she looked around, saw me all by myself, packed up her books and came to plunk her person next to mine.

"My back row buddy would have missed me," said she.

What I said cannot be repeated on this blog.

Or rather, I smiled at her and made some mumblings of "You know it" or some such trite saying.

Hairdo Lady was in rare form again... my favorite style being most of her hair in a bun, with a rat-tail-ish thing hanging down her back... and then, heaven help us all, the rat-tail was put in a ponytail... and at various junctions during the evening, threatened to be braided as well.

I fantasized about giving her a haircut. Preferably one that left only about a half inch of hair all over her head.

Oh, and I learned stuff about A&P as well.

Cells are small.

Smaller than what we can see with the human eye. And yet, they have about 873 parts, all of which are named with names that are mighty in syllable!

But, I had my first-of-the-season Pumpkin Latte from Starbucks that I nursed through the first portion of class... and that spells L-O-V-E!

(Stay tuned for next week's post entitled "Tales from the person who sat on the professor's desk, so she wouldn't ever be distracted again...")

3 comments:

drewey fern said...

OH my word - you are a genius. I love this post. So well written! Such fun to read! (Or hear, as the case may be...) :)

Anonymous said...

Love it and Love YOU! I had a pumpkin latte last week too while I was walking around Williamsburg :) Missing you, dear friend!

Anonymous said...

sorry, that was from me :)
geni