Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Addie's Turn!

Last night Darren called and left a message on my phone. “Each of us want to say ‘Happy Birthday’ to you. Come here, Addie. Say ‘Happy Birthday’ to Aunt Lindsay.”

“I CAN’T,” came the horrified scream from the background.

“Addie, just come...”

“ I CAN’T - I CAN’T!!”

“Well,” said the father, “MOST of us would like to say ‘Happy Birthday’ to you.”

This message definitely made me laugh... a lot! I even saved it and have listened to it again this morning.

3 comments:

Amy K said...

Happy B-Day . . . a day late. I was totally away from the Internet world yesterday but wanted to extend belated happy birthday wishes. :) -Amy

the Joneses said...

Dear Onzy -- Sorry about that message. Daddy was absolutely insensitive to expect me to reach out to other people at that time. I'd just been told No, and the wound was still really hurting, and I was supposed to wish somebody happiness? But, anyway, I do love you and I hope you had a very happy birthday.

Addie.

P.S. Mama told Daddy that she wishes you lived close enough to drop by OUR house on your days off. She said she'd even bake you a pie, too. Probably it wouldn't be as good as Aunt Jill's, but in our house we put candles in our pies so that makes it best.

Jeanette said...

Hey Lindsay! Happy Belated Birthday! So glad to see you're blogging too. Hope all is going well for ya!