Sunday, November 28, 2004

A Meteor Shower Just For Me

When I was in Texas I saw a shooting star!
This was a big deal.
I never see shooting stars.
I’ll be out with friends and they'll all see falling stars & I’m always too late.

Last year during the Christmas play at church one of the children was holding a big tin foil star. Part way through the program they dropped the star. I turned around and smiled triumphantly at Amy, because I had finally seen a falling star!

The other night I was driving around and saw several shooting stars in a row. My ecstasy was short-lived as I realized that my “falling stars” were really made from a streak across my windshield blended with street lights... Well, it was pretty while it lasted!

2 comments:

Sarah M. said...

Speaking of TX... I just emailed you a link to our pictures today. Enjoy. :)

Rose said...

Ooh, I'd love to see pictures from Will's wedding! Somebody, please post them on your blog!