Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Hurray!

The Red Sox & Bush winning all within a week?? I can’t handle the joy! I was listening to conservative talk radio on the way home from work & this lady called in (having voted for Kerry & still smarting) to say that the reason we won is because Ohio is full of protestants who wouldn‘t vote for Kerry because he is Catholic. The host said that he hoped she and all her democratic friends continued to think that, and not focus on changing the things that will enable them to win elections in the future.
How incredible were the answers to prayer?? Not only prayers for God to have His will done & for the right man to be elected, but for people to put aside apathy & get out to vote. When I voted last night the lady at the polls said that when they opened at seven that morning over 600 people had been waiting to vote. I didn’t know that little tiny New Boston had that many people of votable age!
And as far as feeling famous, I think the people who were calling me are kind of fair weather friends. Maybe they think I was one of the people who made NH blue last night on the map. Well, I didn’t & I think it would be nice if Curt Schilling called to tell me thanks for voting! :)

No comments: