Monday, November 08, 2004

Snakes & The Alamo... Oh yeah, and Will's wedding!

I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Texas for Will’s wedding. Mike, Rachelle, Ben, Jonathan, Nathan, Sarah & I all converged in San Antonio for the weekend. When we reached the guest house we were staying at for the weekend we were asked to sign a waiver stating that we wouldn’t sue if we were bitten by snakes, scorpions or fire ants. That was the end of my fun time. SNAKES?? Near enough to bite? That first night I woke up twice, having just had dreams where snakes were trying to get in my sliding glass door. Thankfully, I didn’t see any, and the trip was a high success...

A brief synopsis... We went to the River Walk, drove ALL over, went to IHOP at 1:30 in the morning for “dinner,” played with Ben, watched fascinating shows on a 4 ft screen TV, drove some more, had a wonderful time at Will’s wedding, saw & chatted with Sherri & Janice, drove some more, stayed up wicked late each night catching up, saw the Alamo (don’t even get me started! Have you SEEN it?? Its not all that big, and its in the middle of SKYSCRAPERS! Not at all how I pictured it... sigh) and went to breakfast at this fascinating little place called the MadHatter. It was so good to see Will again, to meet his beautiful bride, Christian, and to be a part of the most special day of their lives. Blessings on them as they start their new life!

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

What Lindsay fails to mention: the "fascinating shows" included a reality male-model search called "Manhunt" in which studly-looking guys competed for product representation by doing push-ups on boardroom tables and pouring water over their bare torsos...don't worry, Mrs. Jones, I protected her from it all.

Yeah, and isn't it crazy about the Alamo? No wonder Santa Ana and his troops beat Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie. All they had to do was throw snakes and scorpions from the skyscrapers until the Texans surrendered.

-Mike

NatronLaw said...

I was so inspired that I'm sitting here doing crunches to firm up those abs.

Kevin said...

That's funny . . . I've heard more people say they were disappointed by the Alamo because they were expecting it to be out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by desert and cacti (and rattlesnakes and scorpions).