Friday, June 10, 2005

Reality Check

The other day I was having my nails done.

The Vietnamese lady who was doing them struck up a conversation with me, and it started like most conversations do when you're my age and not wearing a wedding band.

"So - LinCEE - you are married?"

"Nope, not married."

"Oh, you are picky?"

"Yes, I guess I am picky."

"I picky too, when I your age. Then I got tired being lonely, so I decide if guy 60% good, that ok."

I laughed at her funniness, and she paused, then looked me directly in the eye.

"Now I unhappy," she said.

Wow - what a phenomenal reminder to let God be God, and choose who He has in mind, not jump the gun.

7 comments:

Booker said...

Man. Now that IS a reality check. Just reading it made me go "whoa"...

TripleNine said...

Makes you realize that being single a few years longer to get the perfect one, isn't such a bad thing after all. Wow.

pennyjean said...

Being with the one person that God has in mind for you is worth the wait.

Kate said...

Yikes! Guess I'll think second time before I bring home that nice beggar who asked me...

CKS said...

But I don't KNOW any girls who are more than 60% perfect!

Laughter said...

Who IS over 60% perfect?

Kristi said...

I am!! JK. Seriously, I feel really sorry for that poor lady. There are probably thousands more out there with the same story.