Thursday, June 02, 2005

I've been re-named

The class that I'm training at this time is disturbed by the fact that I don't swear. In fact, they've taken it upon themselves to get me to swear by the time the class is over... which, by the way, is tomorrow.

They like to come up with different scenarios to pose to me, and then are shocked afresh when they discover that even THAT wouldn't make me swear.

"Well, what about when you're in the car??"

"How about when we all walk out of the classroom each night?"

"Or maybe just in your head, but you don't verbalize it???"

Yesterday, as they were obsessing about this fact yet again, one of the guys asked me, "Well, what are you? Just a good little Catholic girl?"

"No," I replied.

"Well then, what are you? A Christian?"

"Yes," I answered.

One of the girl's piped in, "Well what are you called if you're not Catholic?? It's like Crotestant, or something, right?"

Yes - you win! Crotestant or something. That's what I am.

7 comments:

Claire said...

Ha HA! I love it! Crotestant! A whole new denomination... and you are the first one! The leading member. The Original Crotestant. How do you join? What are the distinguishing tenets of your faith?

Booker said...

If I join up in the next 20min, can I be the Crotestant equilivent of Pope? Cause I'm in if so...

Linds said...

Sorry, DJ - no Pope-ness for you! If I am the initial member of this sect, I get to be in charge.

TripleNine said...

I want to be treasurer. Hehehehehe

Claire said...

Can I be a Director? Please, please, PRETTY PLEASE??!! Huh? Huh? HUH!?

the Joneses said...

This is great! Long live the Crotestant denomination!!

--DJ

the Joneses said...

That's marvelous. I foresee that Crotestant references will endure for many years among the Jones clan. Our kids will have to explain to their friends, "Oh, I said 'Crotestant.' It's some family joke that Aunt Lindsay started back when she had a blog... yeah, you know how they used to have those things then..."

(This comment was more G-rated than the one I first thought of, which involved a play on the plural of "sect.")

-- SJ