Tuesday, June 28, 2005

A Shining Star in Service

So, every now and then service isn't quite what "they" refer to as, "Back then." Today I was going through a drive-thru and ordered a Dr Pepper. I pulled away, took a sip, and was nauseated! It had no syrup, just tonic water, which I loathe! So, I looped around, went inside and told them what was up. They all looked perplexed, said that they didn't drink Dr Pepper, so didn't know what it should taste like, and then went over to the machine.
Much arm-waving and rolling of the eyes ensued when they discovered the empty syrup container. Then they had to holler to someone who was not in this entranced circle to "bring out the Dr Pepper syrup."
Out came this one-armed man, lugging a huge box of syrup to fill the soda fountain for all the other Dr Pepper fans like me.
After a few minutes he assured the others that the change had been made, and another person graciously filled up my cup.
I got back in my car, headed out the driveway & burst out laughing as I took the first sip...
IT WAS ROOT BEER!

5 comments:

Booker said...

Just can't find good help these days, can you? Not even the one armed kind. hehehehehe...

Claire said...

Oh my word! Too funny! I liked the part about the arm-waving and eye rolling...I can just imagine...

KW said...

Linday,

That is the funniest story!! I am a big Dr. Pepper fan
too, and that would be very disappointing:)

KW said...

Sorry for misspelling your name!!

redsoxwinthisyear said...

Was the one arm bit purely for descriptive purposes, or the reason for cutting the guy some slack? Either way, good story.