Sunday, June 11, 2006

And Then There Was LIGHT!

The sun was out for almost the entire day today... and lately, that's a BIG deal! (Amy, Wesley and I went to the park today, and it was such fun! I saw a snake... that was not much fun!) It's been raining so much lately, all my thoughts of "I think I could handle leaving my beloved NH if it was for Oregon or Washington" have flown COMPLETELY out the window. (I've been to those states several times, and each time I have been overwhelmed with their beauty!) I would never survive in a sun-deprived state!

But the more it's rained, the more I've wondered if I was blowing things out of proportion in my mind.. something that I've only done once or twice in my life! Maybe it just seems like it's rained the last 87 days straight! Maybe I haven't had to use my windshield wipers either on the way to work or on the way home, every single day since Christmas! Etc... you get the idea...

Then, as I was driving with Amy last night, we heard on the radio that in the last two months we have received 18 inches of rain! "If that had been snow," continued the announcer, "that would be 180 inches!" So, I began to put my math-brain to work, and figured out that if it had indeed been snow, we would have gotten...

16 feet in total over the last two months!
One foot every four days for two months straight,
or three inches every single day for TWO MONTHS STRAIGHT.

And that is a very lot of snow.
The End.

PS - If you find any math inconsistencies, please don't mention them. I'm very shy about my math skills.

4 comments:

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Did you calculate the number of raindrops by any chance...??? 8~D

drewey fern said...

You are WAY too cute:) Hurrah for sun at LAST!

ljm said...

I'm so glad you had some sun...that is awfully depressing to have rain so long.

KW said...

Hi Lindsay!

I can relate...We had the rainiest May here in 27 years. It rained for what seemed like every other day for about 3 wks or so. Hurray for summer weather which has returned now...finally.