Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I've Discovered the PERFECT Job!

And you might wonder what could this job be? I will tell you!

I think that the perfect job would be a Professional Street Namer!

Here are three characteristics that to me make it seem like perfection...

* Get to utilize your creative bent

* Can honor those whom you choose to - what better way to say "You're special" than in naming a street after someone??

* There must be no expectations in this job! After I've driven past Chubbuck Rd so many times I could scream, it became clear to me that there really must not be a whole lot that would go into street naming...

Can you think of any others?

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

My uncle used to work as a civil engineer for a city in California. My cousin has visited the street he named for her: Michele Lane (one "l"). I've always that was pretty cool that she had her own street. -rlr

Claire said...

I remember when I worked for SSE and some subdivision planner guy came in to have his plans approved, and he was in the midst of naming the roads...and I TRIED to get him to name one after me. Claire Victoria Lane- doesn't that sound nice? He didn't think so, apparently. Sigh. Served me right for being so egocentric.

Chubbuck. WOW. That takes the cake.

Leah said...

Perhaps someone was taking your idea and naming a road after his favorite Uncle Chubbuck. :) When we go to see Andrew's brother there is a road that intersects with the one we drive on, and to the left it is Tulip Lane, and to the right it is Bulb Road.

L

the Joneses said...

Real and actual street names I've seen:

Hell-For-Certain Rd. (somewhere in Kentucky)

Fabric Ln. (West Virginia)

Charmingdale Ln. (Alabama)

Dinky Boots Ln (my hometown. Apparently it was somebody's nickname, or something.)

Marie said...

yeah they had to name the road we're on within the last two years cause more people are moving in. So they named our st. Black Bear Court... my dad put a suggestion in...something to do with PIne's I think but they didn't choose ours... seemed like we didn't get as much input as we should've. Oh well Black Bear Ct. Kinda nifty...
seems pretty country!