Monday, June 26, 2006

Things That Go CRASH In the Night...

... and scare the bejabbers out of me!

So, I was out for a walk on Saturday night, and was almost home. It was starting to get quite dark (as opposed to the semi-dark when I had started out) and there in front of me I saw the shadow of a four-legged being cross the road. Kind of startled me, but I decided to not be too afraid.

Then I heard The Beast walking toward me through the field. (For those of you familiar with my surroundings, I was on the same side of the road as my house, walking by the Seven Acre Piece, right across the road from the church. For those of you not familiar, the time has come for you to visit me!) It was kind of like a LOST episode, but sadly, there was no Jack or Sawyer by my side. That always seem to make Kate a little less nervous.

SUDDENLY The Creature BURST through the grass about 20 feet in front of me, and my legs began to tremble. I stood frozen on the road, not sure whether to:

  1. run into the church,
  2. stay frozen,
  3. wait for a car to come by and rescue me, (and pray it wasn't scary stalker man who gives out flowers to people on walks)
  4. scream loudly and draw all the attention of the neighbors,
  5. faint,
  6. or give chase! (Yeah, um... that one never crossed my mind!)

There I was, knowing that the Dreaded Quadreped was in between myself and my home! I could still hear it crashing around, though now it was in the cemetery.

I bravely opted for Option Number One, and crept quietly over to the church, pulled out my cell phone and called my big brother to come and rescue me. Who needs Jack or Sawyer when Pastor Evan is around?!?

5 comments:

Kristi said...

So what was it?? You got my blood pressure all up and then left me hanging! Aaaagh!

Jill said...

Yeah, Evan's a pretty good guy to have around. :-)

So glad the scary beast didn't eat you for night lunch.

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Ummm---what are bejabbers??? I think you shouda gone for option "6"---it mighta been more fun!!! 8~D

Linds said...

Sorry I haven't answered your ponderings... I've been "away from my computer." I'm guessing that it was a deer, but I'm really not sure, b/c it was dark.

Booker said...

Jack? Sawyer? You didn't mention Locke. Sigh.

:-)