Sunday, June 18, 2006

A Man Among Men

Things I love about my Dad...

* I don't remember a day growing up that I didn't hear "I love you" from him (and the only reason I don't now is because I don't talk to him every day)

* He prayed with me every night before bed - all the way up through high school

* There are several of my friends whom he has taken under his wing as his own daughters

* Because of his love, it's been an easy step of faith to believe that God's Father-love is deep

* He sleeps during movies, but if others are laughing at the movie, he'll laugh too... just to show us he's "awake" :)

* I'm always aware that I'm his little girl and that he thinks I'm wonderful

* He's made it very clear that there is nothing I could do to make him love me less

And so many more. How blessed am I?

4 comments:

Aaron said...

Very.

ljm said...

That was great...you dad surely is a wonderful man.

ethan demme said...

yay for great dads :-)

he must be great, he has great kids :-)

Amy K said...

That's really precious, Linds. I'm glad that God gave you such a wonderful dad. :)