Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Growing Pains

When I was little, I had horrible growing pains in my legs. Now how wrong is that?!? I don't even make it to 5'2" when I'm standing as tall as I can, but I had to deal with that kind of pain.

Now poor little Jed has them pretty bad as well. The other day he asked if when I did massage I did legs as well, and I assured him that the next time he had growing pains I'd work on his legs.

Tonight during dinner he asked if I would, and there I sat on the couch, having come full circle, rubbing my little nephews legs just like Dad & Mom did mine.

I hope his growing pains are actually worth something, and somehow I think they are... seeing as at the age of six he has several inches less than a foot until he catches up with me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! What a great auntie you are!

drewey fern said...

My legs used to hurt too! As did all of my siblings'. We would take calcium pills to combat it, which were of a very grainy consistency and which we called "dusty pills." Poor poor pitiful us! And yes, my nephews are experiencing the same thing. Poor poor pitiful them.

Anonymous said...

That is REALLY wrong that you had to experience them! I never did. At least it didn't give me false hope about the future :-)

Poor Jed! Here's to hoping he feels better quick...

Anonymous said...

Poor Jed.. I fill sorry for anyone that had the growing pains. I use to get them so bad that I would stay home from school because I could not walk. I even had to use a wheelchair sometimes because they got so bad..

Anonymous said...

Magnesium is supposed to be very helpful with growing pains. Google it and see if it is worth a try! Missing you and truly enjoy catching up on your life through your delightful blog. Lovingly,SIW

Booker said...

hmm, is soemthing up with all the anon comments? mine was the first.

THE DJ[not to be confused with SJ's DJ :-)]

Anonymous said...

This is weird..... I am the second Anonymous comment after drewey. it did say my name the last time i looked at it.. HMMM something strange is going on... LOL