Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Regular Old Whodunnit

I got home from work to a beautifully cleared walkway...

After dinner Evan said, "I didn't shovel your walkway. It must have been Amy."

("Oh yeah," I said to him. "I was going to thank you for that!")

So I called Amy and started leaving a message for her, thanking her for being a snow-shovelling goddess. She picked up in the middle of the message, and asked me why I was saying that... no, she had not shovelled my walkway.

The two of us decided that maybe it was Cherilyn, so I put in a call to that household. She answered, and mistook my question. She thought I was asking her to shovel my walkway. After I got done laughing so hard my stomach hurt, I explained the issue... She too was among the "didn't shovel Lindsay's walkway" crew.

We brainstormed and thought maybe it was Alden... when I called him, he stated it wasn't him, but suggested perhaps a guardian angel or my knight in shining armor had done it. Riiight. I have my doubts about that one!

So then I called the F-----s and spoke with the Dad. He said no, they hadn't done it, but with these phone calls I'd now have 15 people who would automatically shovel my walkway at the next snowfall.

And I called Wes, but he was in school.

And I called DJ, but he was still at Fernwood.

And I called Aaron, but he said their family hadn't done it either.

Here I was, trying so very hard to thank the person who did this, but instead just instilling guilt in all the people I asked who hadn't done it.

If you have any ideas of who I should call next, please let me know! Or if you are the do-gooder of a shoveller, THANKS! This has made my evening!

10 comments:

Claire said...

You're welcome! It was so worth the flight up to NH and back!

(Just kidding- twasn't me neither.)

Kristi said...

Nope, wasn't me. But a secret admirer sounds like a good (at least more romantic) option!

lis said...

I don't know why you didn't call me! ;O)

Unknown said...

What a mystery! I wonder...

Anonymous said...

I heard Mr. and Mrs. Hearne got back from Portugal the night before. After getting stuck in a snow drift in his own driveway maybe he decided to shovel your walkway, so it wouldn't drift over to his, or from the kindness of his heart, or he got confused and thought it was his house. No can't be that one because he hires his walkways. That's it! The people he hired went to the wrong house! Can you see if his were still full of snow. Oh, the mystery of it all. Could it have been my dad from 105 CHR, he loves to shovel snow.

Kate said...

Jack B. (sp?) from 24 thought it was a matter for national security and flew over in his whirlybird.

Kate said...

and of course he is a secret admirer of yours.

(who isn't?)

Kate said...

and I love how when I comment it asks me to choose an identity. Makes my feel schizophrenic. "Hmmm.... who do I want to be today? Well, I'm going to a black-tie dinner,...." kind of like choosing an outfit for the day.

Anonymous said...

What about that guy who drove by you in that truck last summer? Could he be back? Instead of commenting on the sunset, he is shoveling your walk? Nah...I think you are just LOVED all around and are taken care of because of it! I LOVE YOU! Geni

Anonymous said...

It was me. I did it.