Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Things...

... I learned this week

* That I have amazing friends who care about what's going on in my life.
(I knew this already!)

* That I should have written a proviso along with my last post. Yes, life is life, but I wrote that bit a little while ago and thought it a beautiful piece that I wanted to share. Didn't realize that it would release the firestorm of care that it did... I've had emails and phone calls coming in all day from people concerned for my well-being. Thanks, my friends! God is good. All the time.

... I laughed at this week

When I was leaving the hospital on Monday night, I stopped in the playroom to say goodbye to Luke. I walked in and he said, "Don't come in here! I'm already on a date with someone else!"

"Aunt Lulu just came in to say goodbye and I love you," I said.

(long sigh) "Love you, too."

... I laughed at this day

As I was walking to my car tonight after work, a call came into my cell from a number that I didn't recognize. I answered, and the caller identified himself as an

ARMY RECRUITER!

He stated that they were calling all the students who were currently registered at NH Tech.

"Did you have plans for after you graduate," he wondered.

I informed him that I am almost 29 and work full time. (I left out the part about at the rate things are going with my schooling, I'll be 83 by the time I graduate!)

"Oh," said he. "Well, have you ever considered the military?"

"Yes," I replied... "and then I crossed it off my list of things to do."

True story!

3 comments:

Claire said...

Great comeback! I love it! This is the part where you could have also broken into a rousing chorus of, "I'm in the LORD'S AR-MY ( YES SIR!)..." and really weirded him out.

NH Knitting Mama said...

"Oh," said he. "Well, have you ever considered the military?"

"Yes," I replied... "and then I crossed it off my list of things to do."

I think I just peed in my pants laughing - thanks for sharing this story!

Yes, I would love to get together. My email is: nhknittingmama@comcast.net... Let me know some dates that may work for you to go and get that coffee. I would LOVE to catch up!

Booker said...

You are the best!