Wednesday, September 29, 2004

An Aunt's Life For Me

I do love being an Aunt. This was brought to my attention once more tonight when I was over at Evan & Jill's & Chloe was the only child home. She was fresh from a bath & ultra snuggly, giving many hugs & kisses & pointing excitedly to all the important things in her life... the table, Jed's bed, Daddy in the rocking chair, etc.

Jed is the first nephew - only, he's not Jed very often. You have to catch him on the right day, when he's not "Job-site guy," "Firefighter guy," or on one special occasion, he was even Paul Newman!

Then comes Addie, with her endearing way of saying both "Aunt" & "Lindsay" in the same word, "Zahnzie." When said in her high pitched little voice, who can resist?? She was the first niece, and the one who at not many months old, got the polish on the toes bit, thanks to a doting aunt!

Stuart's next, with his incredible eyes, wonderfully round body & funny way of saying "Aunt" & "Lindsay" together as well, but his comes out "Minsy." It makes me think of someone tall & thin, who takes little mincing steps along life's path. May he forever think of me as his tall & thin Aunt... Oh wait, no - that's his Aunt Jill, or Aunt Rose, or Aunt La...

Chloe, the Princess comes next. She is convinced that she has the world by the tail, and I'm not too sure she doesn't!

And Tucker is the youngest - just going on 14 weeks (I think) and starting to become his own little person more & more each day.

How blessed am I?? I love each day of being an Aunt! There are more precious little ones in my life that refer to me as Aunt Lindsay, and I'll write about them at another time.

No comments: