Sunday, September 04, 2005

From The Land of Braided Hair

Well - today was another spectacular day in the sun. It began very rainy, but it was a warm rain, and kind of refreshing. We were docked in Nassau, and took a boat trip to a private island for a day of complete relaxation. We swam in the clearest of waters, lay in hammocks, ate yummy food, and saw beauty all around us.
After the excursion, we went to a straw market, which was a lot of fun, but completely stressful for someone who has not yet mastered the art of saying no. It's a miracle that I didn't come home with a bag full of horrific little fans & straw bags!
Do you want to hear about dinner? I hope so, because here goes. I began the meal with a delicious broccoli, cheddar soup, then a crisp salad, and then a main portion of duck. They had Baked Alaska for dessert, and it was a requirement that everyone at the table take some, even if you didn't like it.
We went to a magic/comedy show tonight, and then there was a midnight Mexican buffet on the top deck, and dancing as the ship moved away from port. The masses are all still up there, but this one got tired.
Oh yeah - can you guess from the title?? I succumbed and got my hair braided today! It was only the partial braids, and I'm really happy with them. It was definitely the thing to do.
Tomorrow is a day at sea, and we dock early Monday morning. I'll keep you posted...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Booker said...

Wow! So if I hate Bush, I should illegally download music files, eh? Oh yeah, that will teach those right wing fanatics! Hahahahaa.

Anyway, to serious stuff. You sound like you're having a blast! You gonna keep the braids? At least take pix if you aren't. Cya round...

CKS said...

Linds...I am happy, happy, happy for you. Sounds like a dream come true. Hurrah!

Jill said...

Lindsay! My mom just told me you were writing blogs on your cruise. I've been missing you so much and wondering how your time is going. You definitely left a hole here. I've lost count of how many times over the past few days I've thought, "Lindsay should be here doing this with us." So, have a wonderful time but hurry back!

Linds said...

DJ - I'll keep the braids in at least enough for people to take a gander. They're so tight, I feel like I've had a facelift!
Craig - thanks so much for being happy for me. It's been such a FUN trip... and I think you should think about playing on a cruise. Pre-requisites are that you are willing to work in smoke & alcohol filled rooms, as the piano players on this cruise are in "The Red Hot Piano" bar. :)
Jill - as amazing as this time has been, I've been missing being home, especially today. Not much longer!! Love you!