Sunday, September 04, 2005

Well, this is it...

Today the ship is filled with people walking like drunken sailors. We hit a storm, and it's been pretty rocky all day long. Thankfully, it hasn't made me sick, but there are the little white bags that you find in the back of airplane seats stuck to the walls next to the elevators. It's a very strange feeling to be riding in an elevator and feel yourself going up or down, as well as sideways!
I was exhausted this morning from playing so hard these last few days, and I took a really long nap. Felt like heaven!
They opened the waterslide for a bit today, and we go to use that, and it was wicked fun! They had to close it when the pool that we slid into starting having waves that were too big, because the ship was rocking so much.
There was a concert tonight from a group named Alathea. They were on the Christian cruise with us, and consisted of three women about my age, who are from Eastern Tennessee. The music was along the same style as Allison Krauss, and I enjoyed it immensely.
And for dinner tonight, I started with a chilled mango/ginger soup, and it was scrumptious. Then I had turkey for my entree - not exactly something I wouldn't eat at home, but good none-the-less.
And now, the enormous task of packing lies ahead of me. It's been such a wonderful trip, unlike anything I thought it could be, and I'm so grateful for the chance I've had to take it.
Life and blogging updates will seem so boring after all this, but I'm truly ready to be home.

8 comments:

the Joneses said...

Poor, poor Linday -- has to return to the mundane, boring real life that ALL THE REST OF US HAVE BEEN LIVING ALL WEEK.

-- SJ

CARmelo said...

Whose jealous? ME! I am glad you are completing your tasks on your 30 in 30....and eating all sorts of good stuff...

Rose said...

Lindsay! Last I checked you didn't even have a phone line, and now here you are coming back from a cruise! Very fun to read of your adventures of the last few days - I hope you bought a lot of shot glasses to add to your collection!

lis said...

Welcome back to the blogging world, Lindsay! Wish I could see your braids. Don't tell my sis, 'cause she'll be jealous.

Happy cruising!

Aaron said...

I'm ready for you to come home, too, so you can take over church music for a couple weeks!

Kevin said...

"And now, the enormous task of packing lies . . ."

When I first skimmed this sentence, I thought to myself, "Why are you packing lies? Was the trip that bad?" Maybe I have blonde roots, too!

Linds said...

Aaron - Thank you SO much for doing music these past two weeks - I've heard good things about the job you did!
Kevin - welcome to my world!! :)

Kevin said...

"Kevin - welcome to my world!! :)"

Yes, scary place that it is. Your world frightens me; but then I'm just a simple caveman lawyer . . .