Thursday, September 29, 2005

A Quotable Uncle Rick

I've often seen my Uncle Rick admire something in nature, and then say to those around him, "You know what? My Father made that." I love hearing him say that (though not nearly as much as I love hearing him sing!), and that line has been more and more in my thinking these last few months.
When I was on my cruise, there was a huge lightning storm one night, and I went up on the top deck and watched it for a long time. It was amazing, and all I could think was, "My Father made this."
And then when the boat docked, Bonnie & I watched a storm roll in over the ocean, and it was one of the most spectacular cloud shows I've ever seen. It made me want to throw my hands up in worship & yell, "My Father made that!"
The last two nights I've gotten home from rehearsals after 11pm, and living on Chestnut Hill, it's so far away from city lights that the stars are incredibly bright. And these last two nights I have raised my face and hands to the sky, and thanked my Father for making the world that we live in so beautiful.

2 comments:

the Joneses said...

My favorite name for God for years has been "Creator."

Good post!

--DJ

Marie said...

that was a goose bump blog... I got em three times while reading it:) Special stuff huh? Our God is pretty awesome huh and He had you there to see his cloud shows...:) Are you ever the only one that sees something cool in nature... like a bear or a dear or something... than that was just for you from God...:)